Thursday, November 4, 2010

My 50 Favorite Children's Books

Here's the plan. From now until Christmas Eve, I'd like to share 50 of my favorite picture and chapter books with you. For those of you with children to shop for, I hope this helps you. I love books! We have bookshelves in almost every room of our house and still I don't have enough space for all my books, so some are in boxes.  I especially love old books. There is something comforting about the feel of a book in your hands. Oh, did I mention I love books?

My guess is I won't be faithful enough to actually post every day, so I'll end up doubling or tripling up sometimes. So now without further ado, here are today's books. The order in which they appear does not have any bearing other than being the one I'm thinking of at the time.

Picture Book #1: The Tale of Custard the Dragon by Ogden Nash
     This is a current favorite of my 2.5 yr old. If you're not familiar with this poem, I'm sure you can search for it. It's quite funny.

Chapter Book #1: Dealing With Dragons by Patricia Wrede
     This is one of my daughter's favorite books. It's the first in a series of 4 books called "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles".  It is very humorous, and even adults would enjoy reading this book.

There you have it! Happy reading!

*I do not have any affiliation with Amazon, nor do I get anything out of linking the books to their site. It's just an easy place for you to look, should you be interested.
From Drop Box

No comments:

Post a Comment