Sunday, November 7, 2010

Favorite Books #s 2-4

Howdy, I'm back with some more of my favorite books.

Picture Books
#2 A Baby Sister for Frances by Russell Hoban
       There are a number of books about Frances, a badger, and they are all great.
#3 My Truck is Stuck by Kevin Lewis
       This is a good selection, especially for boys.
#4 Here We Go, Harry by Kim Lewis
        Harry, the elephant, and his friends Lulu the lamb and Teddy the bear share a fun day playing outside.      The illustrations are adorable.

Chapter Books
#2 Happy Little Family by Rebecca Caudill
     This is the story of a family of 5 children living in Kentucky in the 1900s. It is the first book in a series of 4 books.
#3 Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross by Augusta Stevenson
     For this selection I actually chose one of many books from the series, Childhood of Famous Americans. These are great biographies for younger to middle elementary children. They are huge favorite in my house, and I recommend finding the old paperback versions from your library, because some of the newer reprinted books have been changed. Plus, I prefer the older books type-set.
#4 The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
      Once again, this is the first in a series of books. The third book is supposedly coming out the summer of 2011, and my daughter can't wait.

Until next time, happy reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment