Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Making Applesauce

Back in October we made applesauce. We made 34 quarts of applesauce to be precise.
Here's what 3 (1/2 bushel) bags of apples looks like. 

So we start by chopping them up (seeds and skins included) and throwing them in a huge pot!
Somewhere along the line an apple thief showed up.

Then we put C and M to work with this handy gadget, my Victorio. Can I just tell you how much I love this handy dandy thing? I have different screens for it - apple, salsa, pumpkin, and berry. Did I just use the word handy in two sentences? And now three sentences?

Then the jars started to get filled up...
And......the finished product....or products.

Of course, I had to save out enough apples to make an big apple crisp for all the hard workers. It disappeared before I could get a picture of it, so you'll just have to use your imaginations.

From Drop Box

No comments:

Post a Comment