Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Schoolroom

Technically, last week was "School Room Week" for the "NOT Back-to-School Blog Hop". However, I was away, so now I'm playing catch-up.
For a few years we used our kitchen for school, but last year we moved to the dining room. We don't use the dining room as an eating area anyway, but it is home to my dearly loved antique dining room table, chairs, and sideboard which belonged to my great grandparents.

So here is our school room. The two little boys have little metal school desks. We found M's desk out for the trash in our neighborhood. Can you believe it?!

H used to have her desk under the dry erase board, but I thought putting her over here in the corner would be better for her concentration or lack thereof.

My area still needs to be cleaned up as you can see. I just bought a magnet basket to put the dry erase markers and eraser in so that A doesn't get into them.

Many of our books are in different bookshelves around the house, but this one contains all the curriculum I need at my fingertips and a lot of reference books and such.


I have dreams of someday having a dedicated school room, but for now I'm content as we are, and I try to tweak it occasionally.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy, thanks for stopping by my blog! I *love* doing school work on our screened in back porch. This may be the last year we have an actual school room; out oldest is wanting her own space & the school room is our extra bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from other homeschooling moms! I love it! Hope you all have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete