Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bad days and hard times

Monday was a bad day. It was more than a bad day. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Children fough over toys. The youngest threw toys at C. H threw fits about getting her school work done. M fussed and complained about spelling one word on his spelling test.  At one point I felt that everything was completely out of hand.  The disrespect, willfull disobedience, fighting, whining, and crying was going to drive me insane. I wondered, "Why am I bothering? Wouldn't it be so much easier to just put them on the school bus? Why should I do this? It's too hard!!"
Then last night I was reading and was reminded about Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Does this mean, then, that life should be easy? As a Christian and as a homeschool mom, I know full well life isn't easy. The enemy is out there, waiting to pull us down. We need to clothe ourselves in the armor of God daily and stand against the enemy.  We will struggle. We will fall. But, we need to stand up and try again.  Jesus said,

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 NIV)

Wow! Isn't that encouraging! It's one of those times I'm extra thankful to be a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment